Citywide Escape Games
You no longer have to escape from a room, but from your city! The Urban Escape Game is a treasure hunt with riddles to solve and missions to complete. Play in the city and at the same time (re)discover it in a completely different way!
An Escape Game in the city and on your smartphone!
Tired of the traditional Escape Room? We have something for you!
If you've never felt trapped in your own city (2020 lockdown excluded) then try an escape game in the city on your smartphone!
Ask your buddies to join you and as a team, load up your smartphones and start exploring your city with an urban treasure hunt.
About our games
An Escape Game to be played in town with your smartphone
If you thought you had explored all the options of Escape Games, you should try the treasure hunt in the city and on your smartphone. It's a completely different experience: you follow the scenario on your phone but the city is your playground! Follow the map on the app to navigate and move around the city. You will have to solve riddles, complete missions, make choices,... Look carefully where you are, sometimes the answer to your puzzle is right in front of you!
A limited time to complete your treasure hunt
In the same way as a more traditional escape game you will have to find the answers to riddles that will help you progress throughout the story. Of course you will have to do this in a given time: our games will take you around the city for 1.5 to 3 hours depending on the scenario you choose.
A ranking to help you position yourself
In all our games there are points to be won: depending on the answer given, the time taken to answer or the clues asked, you will win (or lose) points! The aim is to win as many points as possible to be first in the ranking at the end. On our website, on the page of each game, you will find the ranking that indicates the 50 best players. It's up to you and your team to challenge each other to be part of the winning trio!
What do you need to play?
- A smartphone, basic
- Your mates (a team of people you trust to play: pretty good and #covidsafe because you never know)
- A charged battery (we have optimised the app so that it consumes as little as possible, but to be sure, charge it fully).
- Mobile data (4G, 5G)
- The Coddy app
- Your game code to enter the app, received after purchase on our website
So ready for an urban Escape Game?
To get started:
- Start by exploring our website, find a theme you like, in the city that suits you and get your ticket online.
- You will then receive a code by email that you can use on 2 to 6 smartphones depending on the ticket you buy. A code can be activated on several smartphones, the teams are automatically formed.
- Download the Coddy app on your favourite App Store.
- Then ask your friends to meet you at the starting point indicated on your confirmation email or in the app.
- Give the code to all your team to enter it in the App. The first player is the team leader (he or she has the tough responsibility of entering the answers), but everyone can take turns.
- Play and enjoy your game!
Coddy offers treasure hunts, geolocalized Urban Escape Games that, with the help of your smartphone, will take you on a tour of a city while you play.
Routes with puzzles related either to the scenario itself or to the city. For the latter, you will have to look all around you to answer the questions. A way to (re)discover a city while playing and having fun!
With the help of the mobile application, in teams of up to 6 players, solve all kinds of puzzles and complete several missions in a given time. Choose the game of your choice, a city and arrange with your team for the date that suits you. Download the application to your smartphones (at least 1 smartphone per team) and get together to start the adventure!
Coddy also offers Escape Games to do at home, alone, in duo or in team. All together or remotely, these Escape Games for adults but also for children are also played with the mobile application.
However, we sometimes will make 'events', for those games, you can use it at any time of the day, on the day of the event only!
To play a game on Coddy, you will need
- at least one smartphone with a full battery (1 per team of 6 players minimum, unless otherwise stated)
- an internet connection
- the Coddy app
- your team code (booked online and received by mail)
And most importantly: choose smart enough teammates so you can aim for a competitive score !
We advise you to take an external battery with you if your phone discharges easily.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask in some cities (or streets). Check your city's website for recommendations.
(Once your team is over, your score will be posted on our website - if it's worth it - and we invite you to team up again and start another game if you liked it!)
However, if you feel particularly talented and inspired, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to discuss creating games together.
We're also always eager to discuss adapting our existing games to fit your team building wishes !
For team building events, don't hesitate to contact us at the following email address: email@example.com. We'll be happy to tailor a game according to your needs.
You will have to choose a team captain who'll be in charge of submitting the team's answers. The team captain role can be switched to someone else at any given time during the game.